A community enriched by Christian faith, worship and values
Holy Trinity Church and St John the Baptist Cookham Dean together form The Benefice of The Cookhams. The two churches work together for the whole community under the same Ministry Team. Whoever you are, wherever you are from, whatever your background, you are welcome here, and you will always be welcome in our church.
CITIUS, ALTIUS, FORTIUS – Faster, Higher, Stronger
We are honoured that Vicki and Tom Aggar (decorated Paralympians and members of our congregation) feature
From 19th July – relaxation of Covid rules
Within the Church we believe that everyone is known and loved individually by God and that as many members within one body we are called to be responsible to and for one another, respecting the more vulnerable whose suffering is our suffering (1 Cor 12:12-27). The move to step 4 means we are being asked to take even more personal responsibility around coronavirus than when we were compelled to adhere to Government restrictions. We find ourselves in the position of wanting to move out of lockdown whilst keeping everyone as safe as possible. For us in the Benefice of the Cookhams this will mean the following:
- Facemasks will be worn by sidesmen and welcomers, and by the priest at the administration of communion. We strongly advise the wearing of facemasks for all.
- Hand sanitiser will be available, as before.
- At the Peace, please continue to greet each other at a distance.
- A collection will not be taken, but please continue to be generous as you pass the plate on your way out.
- You are allowed to sing! Please keep a respectful distance from others not in your household.
- Communion will be in one kind only, and a one-way system will be in operation as before.
- If you are uncomfortable about the proximity of others, you will be able to socially distance yourself in the south aisle (SJB)/St Clement’s Chapel (HTC).
- The doors will remain open to allow for good ventilation.
- HTC will continue to be open for private prayer on Tuesdays from 10-12.
These are difficult times for all of us and I know that some people will be dismayed by the amount of freedom given, whilst others will be frustrated that we are not making more progress. Over the next few weeks we will be monitoring the situation closely and amending these guidelines as necessary.